Whatever you may be craving for dinner tonight—pizza, burgers, quesadillas, ramen, dumplings, curries, falafel, jambalaya—you can make—totally vegan, completely delicious, and faster than you’d have thought possible. But you won’t just find delectable dinners here. From breakfast to dessert, Nadine Horn and Jörg Mayer have got you covered—from savoury breakfast waffles to classic French toast, decadent mocha cupcakes to chocolatey brownies and beyond.
Here are 100 vegan versions of your favourite comfort foods, plus fun new inventions and healthy options that are perfect for everyday eating:
- Quick meals: Coconut Farro, Bánh Mì Deluxe, Sesame Noodles
- Easy recipes: Speedy Ramen, Overnight Oats, Peanut Truffles
- Party hits: Ginger Nori Cakes, Antipasto Pizza Bites, Berry Cheesecake
- Exciting global fusions: Bavarian Samosas, Mexican Paella, Thai Tempura
This is Vegan Everything—the only vegan cookbook you’ll ever need.
Vietnamese Cucumber Salad with Cilantro & Roasted Peanuts
Preparation Time: 15 minutes • Serves 4
This fresh and spicy summer salad topped with crunchy roasted peanuts is perfect for your next vegan barbecue or as a side dish to your favourite Asian stir-fry.
1 medium cucumber
1 tablespoon unsalted raw peanuts
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 fresh Thai red chile
1 garlic clove
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon agave syrup
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Slice the cucumber in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds with a spoon. Cut the cucumber into half-moons ½ inch (13 mm) thick and arrange on a serving plate.
- Toast the peanuts and sesame seeds in a dry pan over medium-high heat for 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Thinly slice the scallions, chile, and garlic. Distribute them evenly over the cucumber.
- For the dressing, whisk together the vinegar and agave syrup. Pour over the salad and toss to coat.
- Top with the mint and cilantro and the toasted seeds and nuts.
Tip: We love mixing up this salad with fresh radishes and cherry tomatoes, as well as using fresh lime juice instead of rice vinegar.
gluten free • soy free
Recipe from Vegan Everything: 100 Easy Recipes for Any Craving © Nadine Horn and Jörg Mayer, 2019. Photographs © Nadine Horn and Jörg Mayer, 2019.Translation © Luisa Weiss, 2019. Reprinted by permission of the publisher.