A delicious, down-home cookbook of all your favourite comfort foods!
- Over 100 recipes, some sweet and some savoury, for today’s most beloved, cozy, and nostalgic comfort foods.
- Breakfast ideas, lunch, dinner, dessert, side dishes, soups, breads, toppings, beverages, and more.
- Family-friendly favorites including banana bread, Christmas Eve chili, pizza, mac and cheese, chicken noodle soup, lasagna, and many more.
- Tried-and-true recipes from the author’s own restaurant and childhood, as well as a selection of offerings from other chefs.
- Author Kim Wilcox is the owner of It’s All So Yummy in Knoxville, Tennessee, author of The Great Book of Grilled Cheese, and her recipes also appeared in The Ultimate Spam Cookbook.
Grilled cheese and tomato soup. Meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Macaroni and cheese. Nothing beats a warm, cozy meal that feels like a hug, and Comfort Food Essentials is here to provide you with endless ideas for everyone’s favourite kind of food!
From breakfast, lunch, and dinner to sides, breads, desserts, and even toppings, this comfort food cookbook features over 100 hearty recipes the whole family is sure to love. These are dishes from the author’s own restaurant, as well as family recipes that she has tweaked over the years. She even features a chapter of the favorite comfort food recipes of her chef friends!
Packed with recipes like beef stew, meatloaf, chicken salad, sausage gravy, stuffed French toast, beans and rice, and so much more, each all-time favourite, down-home recipe is sure to warm your heart and soul as you gather around the table and dig in! Here is just a small sampling of the many recipes included in this book: (more…)