Michał Korkosz’s first book, Fresh from Poland—a Booklist Top 10 Cookbook of 2020 hailed as “a vegetable wonderland” by The San Francisco Chronicle—brought a Polish vegetarian cookbook to American readers for the first time. Now, he moves from celebrating Poland’s history with vegetarian versions of traditional recipes to exploring Polish cooking’s rich present with 100 exciting recipes.
Polish’d includes both typical Polish favourites made vegetarian, like Kakory (Potato Empanadas) Filled with Roasted Vegetables and Cheese, and new flavours brought to Poland through immigration and cultural exchange, like Miso Żurek with Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Mushrooms, and Dill. Its recipes showcase fresh vegetables, grains, and herbs, but there’s also plenty of buttery, sugary, and cheesy comfort-food goodness to be found. Readers will see, and taste, Polish food in a new way as they enjoy dishes like:
- Chilled Cucumber-Melon Soup with Goat Cheese, Crispy Apple, and Mint
- Kopytka with Umami Sauce, Spinach, Hazelnuts, and Poppy Furikake
- Nettle Pesto Pasta with Radishes and Asparagus
- Grilled Broccoli with Lemon Mayo, Umami Bomb Sauce and Poppy Seeds
- Tomatoes and Peaches with Soft Goat Cheese, Crispy Sage, and Superior Brown Butter Sauce
- Carmelized Twaróg Basque Cheesecake