Nadia Damaso loves food, but also loves to be healthy. In Eat Better, Not Less she proves that healthy food isn’t boring, and filling your body with the right ingredients can make you feel amazing.
Instead of giving up on carbs and fats, Nadia will show that by choosing the right ones, you can still enjoy chocolate and pizza now and then too. Her philosophy is all about moderation, and making recipes easy for anyone with a busy life.
With recipes for vegans, vegetarians, and meat-eaters alike, there really is something for everyone.
MAKES 1 ROLL/6–8 PIECES/DAIRY-FREE, VEGAN, REFINED-SUGAR-FREE
1 wholewheat tortilla
2–3 teaspoons Chocolate & Hazelnut Butter (recipe below) or nut butter of choice
1 ripe banana finely crushed nuts of choice, to serve
150 g (5 oz) fresh or frozen and thawed raspberries and strawberries or berries of choice
1 teaspoon maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- Put the wholewheat tortilla on to a plate and spread the nut butter over two thirds of the tortilla.
- Add the banana on top and roll the tortilla up tight.
- For the sauce, cook the berries together with the sweetener until soft. Then either blend quickly or mash up with a fork.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat, then toast the sushi roll on all sides until golden brown. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut the sushi roll into 1–2 cm (½–¾ in) thick slices, put them onto a plate, sprinkle some finely crushed nuts on top and serve with the berry sauce
Recipe reprinted with permission from Hardie Grant.