Celebrate every Wookiee’s favourite holiday—Life Day—with this collection of 50 recipes and crafts inspired by the galaxy’s holiday traditions!
In this follow-up to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook, the acclaimed chef Strono “Cookie” Tuggs returns to bring you authentic Life Day recipes from the Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk. Guaranteed to help you spread Life Day’s message of fellowship and love, this cookbook will be a scrumptious and festive mainstay in your kitchen!
• CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAYS WITH STAR WARS: Whether your family is celebrating Life Day at the Tree of Life, or in the comfort of your home, this Life Day cookbook will be the most scrumptious and festive addition to your Star Wars library!
• GREAT FOR ALL SKILL LEVELS: This cookbook will teach chefs of any skill level to prepare delicious appetizers, main courses, beverages, and desserts from planets such as Kashyyyk, Endor, Mon Cala, Alderaan, and beyond.
• 50 HOLIDAY RECIPES AND CLEVER CRAFTS: Dozens of mouthwatering recipes, including Bantha Surprise, Wroshyr Bramble, Jelly Life Day Orbs, and Mudhorn Eggnog. Cookie will also show you how to create family-friendly crafts, from your very own Life Day Orbs to Wookiee Robes, that will help you celebrate Life Day, even if you’re not on Kashyyyk!
• BUILD YOUR STAR WARS COLLECTION: This holiday cookbook stands alongside fan-favourite Star Wars books including Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook, Star Wars: Galactic Baking, and Star Wars: The Lightsaber Collection.
On most worlds, when the holidays roll ’round, the weather starts to get colder. When temperatures drop, I like to come up with creative culinary creations that can help turn up the heat. That’s where these little fellas come in. Bogwings are reptavians native to Naboo, but their meat can be found for a decent price in just about any market across the Outer Rim. I like to coat their wings with a blend of mouthwaterin’ spices procured by my friend Kat Saka, then bake ’em up in big batches. They make for a perfect party dish. . . but they should probably come with a warnin’. After all, a single bite of one of these makes my mouth feel like it’s gone straight to Mustafar!
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 50 minutes
YIELD: 6 servings
3 pounds chicken wings
1½ tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon gochujang
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 teaspoons gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- TO MAKE THE CHICKEN: In a large bowl, toss the chicken wings with the baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Place the seasoned wings on the prepped wire rack.
- Bake the wings for 30 minutes, flip them, then bake for another 20 minutes, until the wings are golden brown.
- MAKE THE SAUCE: While the wings cook, in a large bowl, stir together the soy sauce, brown sugar, gochujang, vinegar, gochugaru, sesame oil, and garlic.
- When the wings are done, add them to the sauce and toss until coated.
- Turn the oven to broil. Place the wings back on the wire rack and broil for 1 minute, until crispy. Serve hot.
Excerpted from Star Wars – The Life Day Cookbook (copyright 2021 Disney/ Lucasfilm).