No matter how you eat, as an omnivore, a vegan, or something in between—chef Mareya Ibrahim,
Reset your taste buds, your kitchen and your energy level with these 8 essential strategies you can use every day at every meal to make healthy eating simple and totally satisfying:
- Reset your taste buds
- Stock your real kitchen
- Get up on greens
- Take a vegan fast break
- Go gluten-free super grains
- Fill in with good fat
- Become real dense
- Live the 90/10 rule
With over 80 forking delicious recipes, such as Overstuffed Sweet Potatoes with Chipotle Lime Yogurt, Tahini Marble Fudge, and Zucchini Noodles with Romesco Sauce, Eat Like You Give a Fork makes every meal an occasion for your taste buds to do a happy dance, and for you to celebrate and share!
The Real Dish Row Salad
Makes 4 to 6 servings
4 cups arugula or baby spinach
1 recipe The Real Dish
16 ounces or 3 (5-ounce) cans canned wild-caught tuna packed in water, drained
Juice of ½ lemon
2 teaspoons minced fresh dill leaves only
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 cups assorted veggies (shredded carrots, baby heirloom or grape tomatoes, haricots verts, red and yellow bell peppers)
1 cup cooked or canned chickpeas or cannellini beans (drained and rinsed, if canned)
1 avocado, pitted and sliced into small chunks
1 cup grapes, sliced in half
- In a medium bowl, toss the arugula with 2 tablespoons of thedressing to coat. Arrange the arugula on a large platter as a bed for the other ingredients.
- In the same bowl you used for the arugula, stir together the tuna, lemon juice, and dill, and season with salt and blackpepper.
- Arrange the tuna salad down the middle of the platter over the arugula. Arrange the veggies, chickpeas, avocado, and grapes in individual rows alongside the tuna.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons dressing over the saladand enjoy!
From EAT LIKE YOU GIVE A FORK: The Real Dish on Eating to Thrive. Copyright © 2019 by Mareya Ibrahim and reprinted with permission from St. Martin’s Griffin.