Take your cooking to the next level with a splash of booze!
- A must-have cookbook that uses beer and bourbon as a key ingredient to elevate the flavour profile of all-time favourite and classic meals
- Over 100 mouth-watering recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, side dishes, dips, sauces, appetizers, snacks, and drinks
- Recipes include IPA siracha wings, beer-dipped grilled cheese, bourbon pulled pork pizza, chocolate porter pie, and much more
- Add something special to tried-and-true favorites and get inspired with a new experience while preparing gourmet-tasting meals from home
Cooking with Beer and Bourbon packs built-in flavour to your dishes, making your favourite spirit perfect for baking, deglazing, marinating, simmering, sautéing, and of course, sipping!
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch, dinner, side dishes, snacks, or dessert, cooking with alcohol easily elevates a simple dish and gives meals from home cooks a chef-level taste.
This must-have cookbook features 124 recipes with a kick that feature beer and bourbon as a key ingredient in appetizers, sides and snacks, sauces and dips, breads, chilis and soups, light options, meats and BBQ, and sweets. Also included are delicious cocktail recipes to complete your meal with a refreshment, plus sections on safety, the science of cooking with alcohol, descriptions of different types of beer and bourbon, and beer and bourbon food pairings.
Delight in the flavours of your favourite beer or bourbon in these amazing recipes, while saving some for yourself to sip on the side! Recipes include:
- Tipsy Fried Pickles
- Beer-BQ Party Meatballs
- Bourbon Mac & Cheese
- White Bean Beer Chili
- Spiked Salsa
- Hot & Hopped Hummus
- Jalapeño Cheddar Beer Bread
- Liquid Courage Cornbread
- Irish Beef Stew
- Pale Ale & Chili-Lime Drumettes
- Lager-Marinated Steak Tacos
- Bourbon Street Chicken
- Grapefruit Shandy
- Beer-Battered Fish & Chips
- Shrimp & Ale Stir Fry
- Stout-Glazed Salmon & Shrooms
- Porter Pot Roast
- No-Churn Toffee & Stout Ice Cream
- Wheat Ale Waffles
- Bourbon Caramel Corn Crunch
- Pumpkin Bourbon Cheesecake
- And many more!
Wow your family and friends with gourmet-tasting food, all because of a boozy secret ingredient, with Cooking with Beer and Bourbon!
Cooking with Beer and Bourbon: 120 Recipes with a Kick (Fox Chapel Publishing) IPA Wings, Beer-Battered Fish, Bourbon Chili, Chocolate Porter Pie, Brewpub Mac, Cerveza Tortilla Soup, and More by
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 ½ teaspoons salt, divided
1 cup Bourbon “Q” Sauce (recipe below)
1 cup light lager
1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line a couple of rimmed baking sheets with foil; coat with cooking spray and set aside.
- Put the panko breadcrumbs into a large bowl and add ground beef, garlic, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and 2 teaspoons salt. Mix with your hands.
- Use a level measuring tablespoon to form the meatballs, roll them in your hands to round them out, and then arrange them in the prepped pans.
- In a bowl, whisk together Bourbon “Q” Sauce, light lager, sriracha sauce, and ó teaspoon salt. Pour this evenly over the meatballs and bake 40 to 45 minutes.
Bourbon “Q” Sauce
Makes 2 cups.
1 cup ketchup
½ cup bourbon
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons molasses
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 ½ teaspoons liquid smoke
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
½ teaspoon black pepper
In a saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to 2 cups, stirring often.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Fox Chapel Publishing.